Who is Jacque Daughtry?

Who is Jacque Daughtry?

At Top 30 Women, we believe that children are the future, and Jacque Daughtry uses her platform to impact children from start to finish. She is the Executive Director at Making It Better and has a passion for enriching the lives of kids socially, academically and emotionally. We had a chance to catch up with…

TSU raises $1 million at Maroon & Gray gala with guests Tamron Hall, En Vogue

TSU raises $1 million at Maroon & Gray gala with guests Tamron Hall, En Vogue

Texas Southern University set the bar for how institutions of higher learning should throw a gala. The university’s annual Maroon & Gray black-tie event not only broke records, raising $1 million for scholarships with more than 1,500 guests, but it also featured Emmy award-winning journalist and native Texan Tamron Hall, Mayor Sylvester Turner, the university’s…

Children and Summer Learning: 5 Building Blocks for Their Brains

Children and Summer Learning: 5 Building Blocks for Their Brains

“No more pencils and no more books” was a chant heard on playgrounds across the country when the final bell released students for the summer months. And while Alice Cooper’s lyrics go on to showcase how excited the children were about their freedom from homework, they also highlight one of the biggest problems the American…

Bridging the Gap

Bridging the Gap

By: Charlotte Jackson By working at a community college as well as serving as an advisor for two student groups on campus, I have been given an opportunity to help bridge not only the generational gap, but also racial and economic gaps. In doing so, I have found that at the end of the day,…

The “ME” Space
|

The “ME” Space

Interior Design became an interest and a skill of mine at a very early age. My father, with his ​Caribbean​ ​discipline, would make me stay in my room as a form of punishment, and from punishment grew a full blown talent.  As most children do, I used my imagination to create the perfect environment for ME….

“My Letter to the Pearls”

“My Letter to the Pearls”

By Shelondra Peavy | In this rapidly-changing world of ours, it’s becoming increasingly more difficult to find people of purity and substance. Yet, much to my delight, I recently encountered a group of women who epitomize the importance of sisterhood, unity, advocacy, education, philanthropy, and good-ol’-fashion compassion. Needless to say, the women of this group are…